SpeechMatters delivers quality speech and language therapy services to children and adults who present with a range of communication needs.
SpeechMatters Speech and Language Therapists have extensive experience working with adults and children with speech, language and communication difficulties, SpeechMatters provide individual or group sessions, facilitating appointments at its clinic in Rathgar, in homes, at schools and nursing homes.
- Speech Sounds (phonology and articulation)
- Language Delay
- Early Language Development
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Parkinson's Disease - Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT) sessions
- Dysphagia (eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties)
- Voice Care for Teachers
- Flexible hours
- Early morning appointments
- Home visits
- Late evening appointments
- Saturday sessions
- Affordable, high-quality service
- Client-centred approaches to therapy
- Structured therapy programmes
- Siblings accommodated
- My daughter first met with Aisling when she was four. She had some problems with certain sounds but even after one session we could hear a difference! Through various games Aisling helped her correct her pronunciation. She also gave us some 'homework' so that we could practice in between sessions. She is so encouraging and patient and my daughter really loved her meetings with Aisling. It was never an ordeal as Aisling made it so much fun for her. She is now eight and has perfect speech! I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Aisling and SpeechMatters in general.
- I invited Síle from Speech Matters to give us a presentation on speech and language for the under fives. We invited parents and staff to attend. Sile's presentation was extremely informative and we thoroughly enjoyed it. She spoke to us about the "normal" speech development for children and spend time discussing each age group which was really helpful. Our parents here had the chance to ask any questions they had about their children and Sile was both open and informative. I would definitely recommend her services to anybody looking. Lindsay, Daisy Chain Montessori & Childcare, Stepaside.
- "Thanks again for all your advice and support. You have really given us a more relaxed perspective [on stammering]." Parent
- "I went to SpeechMatters worried about my ability to communicate vocally. By working methodically through all of the options. Aisling adapted a trusted technique to build both my awareness of the underlying problem and my confidence to communicate effectively. I now am confident that my issues are related to volume and I am armed with techniques to build that volume to an effective level that allows me to communicate much more effectively. I would recommend SpeechMatters to anyone who needs to work through volume difficulties like mine." Adult Patient
SpeechMatters offers voice care for teachers and professional voice users. Sessions are available for groups or individuals to support you to mind that voice!07 NOV 19
Our video has had over 7,200 views! Check it out here27 AUG 19
Back to School -SpeechMatters offers parents, families and teachers advice on getting ready for the new school term.01 May 17
SpeechMatters have moved to a new premises in Rathgar!22 OCT 16
The 10th National Stammering Awareness Day takes place on Saturday October 22nd 2016 at the Hilton Hotel, Kilmainham Dublin 8. See www.stammeringireland.ie for more details. Might see you there!29 SEPT 14
Aisling received her European Clinical Specialism in Fluency Disorders qualification